Report An Excused Absence/Tardy Online
Use the MMSD Online Attendance Request Form to report a student absent.
Report An Excused Absence/Tardy By Emailing The Neighborhood Office Secretary
Students can be reported absent by emailing the student's Neighborhood Office Secretary. Please include the student's first and last name, ID #, the date and time of the absence, and the relationship to the student of the person reporting the absence.
Olbrich: Susan Harris
Tenny: Jessica Penning
Warner: Emily Nevel
Yahara: Lucy Cid
Report An Excused Absence/Tardy By Calling The School Office
Students can be reported absent by calling the Attendance Line or the student's Neighborhood Office. Please include the student's first and last name, ID #, the date and time of the absence, and the relationship to the student of the person reporting the absence.
Attendance Line: (608) 204-1650
Olbrich: (608) 204-1638
Tenny: (608) 204-1614
Warner: (608) 204-1613
Yahara: (608) 204-6581
Acceptable Reasons for Excused Absences/Tardies
- Illness of student or immediate family member
- Observance of a Religious Holiday
- Bereavement due to death in the immediate family
- A student’s dental, doctor, chiropractor, psychologist or other medical appointment that cannot be scheduled outside of the school day
- Inclement weather
- Serving as an elected official
Reference Board Policy 4031 on page 38 of the District Policy Guide.
East High School Attendance Social Worker, Sara Lennertz, 608-285-2044