FALL SPORTS INFORMATION
MMSD Summer Athletics Guidance:
MMSD will implement the following additional provisions in support of Forward Dane and the safe reopening of our schools and community:
1) Virtual spring coaching only can occur through May 30th for spring sports.
2) Virtual summer training activities may begin June 1st related to general strength and fitness training. This means individual training or workouts may be shared or scheduled on a virtual platform for synchronous training- such as stretching, flexibility, and warm-up routines, strength and speed training, conditioning, and mental preparation/sport psychology resources - so long as it follows normal WIAA Coaching Contact rules.
3) MMSD athletic programs will not have in-person programming this includes summer contact, open gyms, camps, clinics or other training opportunities through July 31st.
Our school buildings will be closed through July 31, 2020. This includes all facilities and grounds including athletic fields, outdoor courts, and stadiums.
Read the FULL MMSD Summer Athletics Guidance Document from MMSD Athletic Director, Jeremy Schlitz
Athletic Director: TJ Rogness
Athletic Secretary: Jeneene Olson-McConley
Athletic Trainer: Mandy Louderback
- Athletes are encouraged to submit all forms to the Athletic Office and complete all Permissions at least a week prior to the start of their sport.
- MMSD Athletic Code of Conduct Updated 9/2019
- PE Course Substitution (PERC) Policy for Juniors and Seniors Only
During their Junior and part of their Senior years students have the opportunity to substitute participation in an officially sanctioned Wisconsin State Athletic Association (WIAA) sport for Physical Education credit. See the Curriculum Guide or a counselor for further information.
East offers the following WIAA-sponsored sports and school club teams.
East High School is a member of the BIG 8 CONFERENCE and the WISCONSIN INTERSCHOLASTIC ATHLETIC ASSOCIATION. Madison East abides by the rules and regulations set forth by these organizations and those of the MADISON METROPOLITAN SCHOOL DISTRICT.