Skip To Main Content

Select a School

Madison Metropolitan School District

Food Resources

Mobile Food Pantry

Our Mobile Food Pantry at East is open on Thursdays from 2:00-3:15pm in the back parking lot near the field house entrance. Each household gets approximately 25 lbs of shelf-stable food, 10-20 lbs of dairy/produce, a gallon of milk, and 10 lbs of frozen meat in prepared boxes/bags. You will be asked to (pop) open your trunk or unlock it so we can load food directly into your trunk. If your trunk does not work or if food must go in the back seat of your vehicle, please pull your vehicle just beyond the pickup area and a volunteer will place the food beside your vehicle for you to load after the volunteer has walked away. We must follow social distancing at all times. We are unable to serve families before 3:30pm. We will close the pickup if we run out of food before the end of the pickup period and we will order more food to be delivered the next week. Please contact our School Social Worker, Sara Lennertz, with any questions.

Food Pantry In East High School (when school is open)

Free Food Sites

Map of free food sitesLearn more about each free food site. In Spanish also.

Pandemic EBT Program

Throughout our district, students who normally get free or reduced-price meals at school have been learning from home during the COVID-19 pandemic. To help, the federal government created the Pandemic EBT (P-EBT) program ( to provide $6.82 to families for each day that a student in a free and reduced-price meal program learned from home.

At the end of March, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) provided $46 million in P-EBT benefits to families all over the state for the months of August, September, October, and November of 2020, based on the best information it had available. 

How do you know if you got benefits?

  • You should have received a notification letter from DHS telling you about any benefits you were going to receive. It would have looked like this:

  • Your benefits may have been directly added to your QUEST card, so check your balance. If you didn’t already have a QUEST card, you would’ve received a P-EBT card in the mail. It would look like this:

EBT Card

Your letter may have told you that you were not getting benefits – but that was based on incomplete information. We have told DHS that all of the schools in our district were learning virtually during the months of August through November. So if you received a letter saying you were getting $0 benefits in early April, it is likely you will get benefits at the beginning of May. You do not need to do anything for this to happen. You will also get a new letter that tells you how much you will be getting and whether it will be added to a QUEST card (if you have one) or if they will be sending you a P-EBT card (pictured above).

If you did not receive a letter from DHS and your child is a part of the free and reduced price meal program at their school, then it is possible that the state does not have your address on file. They need to have your address to provide benefits and send your card. You need to fill out the short P-EBT application that is available online ( 

If your student is not currently a part of the free and reduced price meal program at their school, but you think they might be eligible, you can apply now.  Even if students are accepted into this program now, they are also eligible for benefits back to the beginning of the year.

If you have other questions about the P-EBT program or problems with your benefits, there is information including frequently asked questions and answers on the DHS P-EBT web page. You can also reach out to the or P-EBT support line at 1-833-431-2224 (8am-4pm, M-F). Be prepared to provide:

  • Student's full name and grade level

  • Student's school name and the location of the school

  • Parent name and contact information for follow-up: phone and email

  • Preferred language, if not English

  • if applicable: case number (this can be found at the bottom of each page of the letter)

  • a description of your problem, issue or question