Senior Item Pick-Up Palooza
Monday, May 24th and Tuesday, May 25th 11:00am-6:00pm
East High School Large Parking Lot off Fourth Street near the Field House
Items available for pick-up during this time include:
- Graduation attire
- Caps, gowns, tassels
- Stoles - including stoles for school groups like BSU, Raza, Pathways, etc
- Cords - including purple/gold honor cords and gold Senior Congress cords
- Pins - including Service E and NHS
- 4.0 medals
- Class of 2021 t-shirts, masks, and yard signs
- Ceremony guest tickets (4 per graduate)
- Senior awards
Friday, June 11th at Breese Stevens Field
Ceremony 1: 5:00pm
Ceremony 2: 7:30pm
We are preparing to honor our graduating seniors in the safest way possible.
- We are holding 2 outdoor ceremonies to allow each graduate to invite up to 4 guests.
- Each graduate will receive 4 tickets for their guests, with assigned seats placed together in a socially distanced pod. Additional tickets will not be available. Space is very limited as we are committed to maintaining social distancing.
- Guest tickets will be given to graduates on May 24th and May 25th when they pick up other Senior items.
- If guests require ADA seating or ASL interpretation, please email Susan Harris at email@example.com.
- Students will be randomly assigned to Ceremony 1 or 2. Siblings will be kept together. We will be unable to take requests for specific ceremonies.
- Each ceremony will last approximately 1 hour.
- All attending will be required to follow all health and safety guidelines, including wearing masks at all times and practicing social distancing.
- We thank you in advance for observing these COVID mitigation measures for everyone’s comfort and safety.
- There will be alternate viewing and participation options for those students and families who would prefer not to take part in-person.
We very much look forward to celebrating this historic class in an historic venue with a real connection to our Eastside community.
Graduation Apparel/Attire (En español)
Midwest Scholastic has opened the ordering window for caps, gowns, tassels, stoles, and other graduation supplies through February 26th.
We know that this pandemic has created significant financial hardships for some of our students and their families. That is why, for this year’s graduating class, MMSD will cover the cost of cap/gown/tassel/stole units for graduating seniors. If you would like to contribute to your school's graduation fund to help cover the cost, please complete this form.
Order your FREE cap/gown/tassel/stole:
- Go to https://www.mwscholastic.com/product-page/mmsd-cap-gown-tassel-stole
- Fill out student height and weight (Gowns are made to the dimensions you provide. Please make sure this is accurate.)
- Click: add to cart, then view cart, then checkout
- Fill in all fields on the checkout page. You must fill in the student name and school attending (bottom of checkout)
- Click continue, click place order
Order additional graduation apparel/products:
If you are interested in ordering any other graduation supplies, such as senior apparel, class rings, official school announcements, or party invitations, those items are available on on the Midwest Scholastic website. Here is more information on those offerings: https://www.mwscholastic.com/2021-grad-info-video. Please be aware that no refunds will be issued for any of these items.
Midwest Scholastic will deliver all caps/gowns/stoles/tassels to East High School. Seniors can pick up these items up from East High School on Monday, May 24th and Tuesday, May 25th 11:00am-6:00pm. Other graduation apparel like hoodies, joggers, long sleeve shirts and sling bags, will be delivered to your home within 2-4 weeks after the order is placed. You will receive an email from Midwest Scholastic prior to that delivery.
All questions regarding cap/gown/tassel/stoles and other graduation products should go directly to Midwest Scholastic at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-437-7323.
End Of The Year Senior Celebration
Student and parent advisory groups are meeting to discuss a possible end of the year Senior celebration that will allow students to gather safely at a later date. More details will be shared as the planning continues. You can reach out with any questions to me or the Assistant Principal planning graduation, Maggie Zywicki.
Scholarship Guide - Instructions on how to search for scholarships
All seniors, regardless of your family's income, should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), which will qualify you for grants, loans, scholarships and work-study. Many colleges require the FAFSA to be filled out in order to provide financial assistance or awards to students. The application is now open and should be completed as soon as possible. You'll need to register for an FSA ID prior to completing the FAFSA. Learn more here or talk to your school counselor.
FAFSA Support (En español)
Get personalized help with your FAFSA Application by attending the Virtual College Goal Wisconsin FAFSA Completion Workshop on Thursday, April 15th at 6:00pm. Registration opens on April 6th, at noon.
Students should attend with a parent or guardian if possible and bring specific materials necessary to complete the FAFSA. If parents are unable to attend, students may attend alone and bring these materials. Independent students should bring their own income and asset information.
February 2021 Senior Survey
Seniors, please take this short survey.
Senior Survey - Oct 2020
Seniors- We hope you all have been getting the many steps completed for your college applications and other post-secondary plans. We want to know what you have completed so far and what you might still need help with. Please complete the MMSD Formative Senior Survey - Oct 2020, so we can know how we can best support you.
Future Planning Weeks - Oct 2020
Class of 2021 - It's time to start planning for your adventures after graduation from East High. Your School Counselors are here to help. We have put together two weeks of "Future Planning Workshops" for you to participate in during the weeks of October 12th and October 19th. Workshops will cover topics such as specific college applications, essays, voting, resumes, and apprenticeships. You are welcome to come to as many workshops as you can fit in your schedule. Workshop topics and zoom links can be found HERE. Contact your Counselor if you have any questions or need additional support. Your future is waiting - make it happen!
Register To Vote
Are you eligible to vote on November 3rd? The deadline to register and request your absentee ballot online is Wednesday, October 14th. If you can’t meet that deadline, you can always register in person on election day. Gender Equity Club will be holding a virtual meeting via Zoom at lunch on Monday, October 12th to walk seniors through the registration process should you need help. See you at the polls! For all voting information, go to myvote.wi.gov or https://tinyurl.com/Voting-In-Wisconsin.
College Application Presentation
Slides from the presentation (Sept 2020)
The presentation covered the following topics.
- The Online Application
- Sending Transcripts
- Testing Scores
- Financial Aid and Scholarships
- COVID Updates (many things are different this fall due to the impact of COVID)
Upcoming College Visits
Check out the upcoming college visits website.
2021 Senior portraits are due November 2, 2020 and should be submitted using the same "Submit 2021 East High School Yearbook Portraits" Google Form.
If you are in need of someone to take your photo, there are several EHS alumni photographers with lots of yearbook experience able to help you out. Please email Ms. van Buren for a list. Please be aware that many seniors have family or friends take their photos for free; some are taken with phones. Please do not spend large amounts of money for professional photos. Senior Tributes are due December 18, 2020. Anyone can recognize senior students in the yearbook with a tribute. Group or team tributes are welcome. Please contact Ms. van Buren, the yearbook adviser with any questions or concerns.
More information about senior tribute price and size options is online here.
Submit General Photos to the Yearbook
Please send student related snaps, TikTok videos, and school related pics for the 2020-2021 yearbook!
UPLOAD THEM HERE! Access Code: Yearbook
OR, send them from your cell phone! Download the Snap App (to set it up, you'll need the password: yearbook)