2018 Graduation Information
Friday, June 8, 2018
University Wisconsin-Kohl Center
***Tickets are not required for the ceremony***
As East seniors, staff and administrators plan for the 2018 graduation ceremony and additional senior activities, students and their families are encouraged to watch for important announcements throughout the upcoming months via the website, newsletter, postal mailings and social media.
Midwest Scholastic is the official supplier for all graduation products. All students who plan to participate in the graduation ceremony are required to wear a purple cap, purple gown, gold and purple tassel on the cap, and a gold stole. Students are responsible for purchasing their own caps and gowns and can order directly from Midwest Scholastic through their website or via paper order forms which can then be mailed directly to Midwest Scholastic.
Midwest Scholastic website: http:http://www.mwscholastic.com/
Midwest Scholastic mailing address: PO Box 83, Mt. Horeb, WI 53572
Pay attention to emails from Midwest Scholastic throughout the year regarding order status, price increases and delivery information.
Dress Code for Graduation Ceremony
East's graduation ceremony is a formal event with specific dress requirements. Students who choose to participate in the graduation ceremony are expected to dress appropriately. Any student who is not properly dressed will not be allowed to participate. All students are expected to wear either: a dress shirt with tie and dress pants, dress pants with a blouse, dresses, or skirts with dress blouse under their cap and gown.
- Denim jeans of any color are not allowed.
- Tennis shoes (including Converse and TOMS) and rubber flip-flops, and other casual sandals are not permitted.
- Nothing is to be worn on the gown except honor or congress cords and school related pins.
Students who may have difficulty obtaining dress clothes should connect with their principal, guidance counselor, school social worker or Main Office staff as dress clothes and shoes are available to borrow.
Fees and Obligations
Please be sure to resolve all obligations and watch for Fee Statements throughout the spring semester. All fees and obligations must be resolved or students will not receive their diploma. All books, rented calculators, and sports uniforms should be returned to avoid unnecessary fees.
- January 8 - Senior Purgolder Time
- January 17-19 - Semester Exams
- May 2 - Senior Scholarship & Awards Night, 6:30 p.m.
- May 4 - Senior Exit Fair & Cap/Gown Distribution
- May 21 - Senior Purgolder Time
- May 30 - Senior Recognition Ceremony (Departmental Awards), 8:30 a.m.
- May 30 - Senior Brunch, 9:30 a.m.
- June 2 - Senior Party, location and time TBD
- June 4-6 Semester Exams
- June 6 - Graduation Rehearsal, 12:00 p.m. in East's Spectator Gym
- June 6 - All fees & Obligations due, 3:30 p.m.